Limited Lifetime Sheet Metal Parts WarrantyBeginning on the original date of purchase, all parts are protected with a lifetime guarantee against cracks caused by rust, including cost of the repair, reasonable and customary parts and labor as long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle. This warranty does not cover cosmetic or surface corrosion due to chips, scratches, or other causes; corrosion perforation caused by improper installation, neglect, accident, abuse, or any event not considered normal use of your vehicle; environmental damage, including weather, hail damage, chemical damage, acid rain damage, cleaning solvents, polishing materials, etc.
Six Month Limited Mechanical Parts WarrantyBeginning on date of purchase, as indicated by invoice or receipt and ending six months later, the six month warranty protects against mechanical failure due to defect. At its discretion, UPI will replace, repair, or refund the parts purchase price if failure occurs. UPI reserves the right to replace failed parts with parts that are equal to or greater than the original milage parts.
The Mechanical Parts Warranty Excludes:Breakdowns caused by non-covered components, failure to clear computer codes, improper installation, usage for which the part was not intended, defective workmanship, and/or improper maintenance, such as in correct types and levels of fluids and lubricants as indicated in the “Owner’s Manual” of the vehicle.
All Warranties Are Null And Void If:
- The vehicle is used for racing, competition, or off-road purposes, or is used an a government, commercial, fleet, taxi, or limo service or has been converted from private passenger use to commercial or fleet use.
- The part is not installed in an application as intended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Failure due to abuse, misuse, modifications, or towing a trailer or other vehicle, unless the vehicle is designed for this purpose as suggested by the vehicle manufacturer.
- The vehicle is modified to plow snow, regardless of whether the snowplow is attached to the vehicle or not.
- A collision causes the part to fail or become defective.
- Installation of the part or operation of the vehicle occurs outside of the United States and Canada.
- Melting or removal of the installed heat tab center.
- Installation does not comply with the UPI “Required Installation Procedures Tag”.
- The invoice indicates that the part is sold “As Is”.
- The vehicle is not serviced at proper intervals, or if fuel, oil, or coolant is not used in accordance with vehicle manufacturer’s specifications.
- Replacement of engine oil and filter is not documented every 4,000 miles with appropriate OEM recommended motor fuel or if the transmission fluid and filter are not replaced at the time of installation with OEM recommended transmission fluid. Documentation Required.
- Failure is caused by or related to a collision, vandalism, theft, fire, explosion, riot, earthquake, lightening, hail, water, freezing, windstorm, or flood.
Terms and Conditions
- Before work is performed, UPI must approve of repairs or replacements.
- UPI reserves the right to inspect product before replacement.
- UPI must approve of payment for labor, estimate, prior review of scheduled maintenance, and proof the work is done.
- All returns must be accompanied by original invoice.
- Appropriate maintenance receipts are required.
- Nontransferable warranty.
- The year and model of the vehicle or part printed on this invoice is within a range of interchangeability and may not be the exact model and year as the part or vehicle that has been provided.
- This warranty does not cover windshield and other glass breakage.
- See the vehicle’s manufacturer’s “Owners Manual” for correct operation and maintenance schedule.
- Installer is responsible for switching or removing attached accessories on the part, in order to accommodate proper installation. Accessories are included to aid in the convenience of installation. They are not covered by the warranty. Warranties on engines are limited to defects in the block, pistons, head, camshafts, crankshafts, rockers, and oil pumps. All other parts that may be provided are “Accessories and Extra Parts” and are not covered under the warranty, including switches, sensors, cables, electronics, belts, hoses, water pumps, and manifolds.
- Installer must follow any “Recommended Installation Procedures” provide by UPI in order to maintain warranty coverage.
- Freight costs or similar damages are not covered under the warranty.
- UPI is not responsible for injury or damage, or as a result of, the installation of our product.
- Routine maintenance items, such as, timing belts, thermostat, water pump, spark plugs, seals and fluids, should be replaced at the time of installation and at the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended service intervals.
- When installing products that can affect the proper operation of the cooling and electrical systems, these systems should be checked.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that fluids are completely drained and to replace fluids, lubricants, antifreeze, and filters with replacements that are clean, fresh, and approved by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Transmission: The installer is responsible for replacing the radiator or transmission oil cooler, flushing the transmission oil cooling lines, filling differential, adjusting shifter mechanisms, replacing filters, seals, and pan gaskets, and resetting or replacing computer codes when installing a transmission.
- Engine: Warranty does not cover claims related to the overheating and/or improper lubrication of the engine or its components.
- Other: Warranty does not cover tie rod ends, ball joints, wheel bearings, and bushings related to steering and suspension components.
- In The Event Of Failure: The purchaser must use all reasonable means to protect the product from further damage and must return the original defective product to UPI, furnish UPI with information that UPI may reasonably require, including proof of the vehicle’s regular maintenance as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer in the owner’s manual.
FOR ANY RECYCLED SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINT SYSTEM (“SRS”) SUCH AS RECYCLED AIRBAG OR SEAT BELT PRETENSIONER TO OPERATE PROPERLY, A QUALIFIED INSTALLER MUST INSTAL THE SRS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE VEHICLE MANUFACTURER’S SPECIFICATIONS. Any SRS that is installed incorrectly will subject passengers in a vehicle to risks of serious injuries, even death. All risk of damages or injuries are the responsibility of the purchaser of the SRS, including death, which can arise as a result of the improper installation of an SRS. An SRS may contain Perchlorate Material and special handling may be required. Additional information may be found at www.dtsc.ca.gov/hazardouswaste/perchlorate.
UPI guarantees with respect to non-deployed airbags sold by UPI or its subsidiaries that UPI and such subsidiaries have followed the Automotive Recyclers Association Protocol for the Use of Original Equipment Non-Deployed airbags. ALL NON-DEPLOYED AIRBAGS AND OTHER SRS’S ARE SOLD ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND THE USER ASSUMES ALL RISKS THAT MAY ARISE AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT. UPI MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY REGARDING SALES OF THE NON-DEPLOYED AIRBAGS OR OTHER SRS’S, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY.
The safe transportation, security of products, or insuring their security on or in your vehicle is not the responsibility of UPI.
It is the installers responsibility to obtain a replacement Vehicle Identification Number (“VIN”) for any such part that is sold with a VIN, to the extent necessary, in order to comply with applicable laws.
Tires: Used tires may have been previously exposed to a variety of different conditions. UPI makes absolutely NO warranty, expressed or implied, as to the fitness for a general or particular purpose or of merchantability in connection with any sale of used tires. ALL TIRES ARE SOLD “AS IS”. Used tires are not tested or labeled by UPI to meet any safety standards. The purchaser of used tires from UPI agrees to accept all risks relating to the use of such used tires.
All implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the duration of this warranty and do not cover incidental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
The purchaser hereby understands that due to the nature of used auto parts, any liability of UPI from all causes shall be limited to the price paid for the goods sold or provided. If a part sold by UPI is defective, liability shall by limited to the replacement of the part or a remedy not to exceed the price paid for the part, at UPI’s option.
UPI has adopted a policy of charging a Company Environmental Charge. This fee will help assure the proper collection, treatment, and disposal of any hazardous materials that are a by-product of recycling. This fee is not a tax or governmental collection mandate.
Payment not received by due date will result in an additional charge of 1/5% per month (18% per year) and in addition the customer is responsible for all costs of collection, including reasonable attorney’s fees and other fees incurred in the collection process.
UPI offers and Optional Service Agreement on many parts. An Optional Service Agreement does not apply to your part unless specifically indicated on the front of the invoice.
ATTENTIONAL CHECK WRITERS- CHECKS ARE ACCEPTED UNDER THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS: If your check is dishonored or returned for any reason, you authorize UPI to electronically debit your checking account for the amount of the check, plus the maximum processing or returned check fees allowed by state or federal law. Your usage of check for payment is your acceptance of these conditions.
30-Day Return Policy
The original sales receipt must accompany all returns. Returns without the original sales receipt will not be accepted. A part returned undamaged within 30 days of the original purchase date may be credited at the management’s discretion, but no credit will be given for any part returned more than 30 days after the original purchase date. Core charges are refundable if the appropriate core is returned within 30 days. No returns will be accepted after 30 days.